Measures Recognizing Senior Professional Titles of Overseas Practitioners in the Healthcare System of the Boao Lecheng International Medical Tourism Pilot Zone of the Hainan Free Trade Port
Updated: Aug 3, 2023 investinchina.chinaservicesinfo.com
In response to the comprehensive deepening of reform and opening-up in Hainan, and with the aim of attracting more overseas healthcare professionals to practice in the Lecheng Pilot Zone and offering them a conductive platform for development in the Hainan Free Trade Port, these Measures have been formulated.
They are formulated based on the relevant provisions of the "Law on Licensed Doctors of the People's Republic of China" and take into account the specific circumstances of the Lecheng Pilot Zone.
Article 1: The Hainan Boao Lecheng Internationational Medical Tourism Pilot Zone Administration (the Lecheng Pilot Zone Administration) shall be the responsible department for organizing and implementing the recognition process, which includes acceptance, review, and assessment.
Article 2: The recognition process shall be subject to the following procedures:
1. Application: The application materials shall include, but not be limited to, the following contents:
(1) Recommendation letter from the employing institution, evaluating the applicant's compliance with laws and regulations, professional ethics, work ability and performance.
(2) Copy of the labor contract.
(3) Copy of the employing institution's business license or medical institution's practicing license.
(4) Copy of the highest educational degree.
(5) Copy of the front and back of the passport.
(6) Any other materials required by the recognition authority.
2. Acceptance. The Lecheng Pilot Zone Administration will accept the recognition materials and verify their authenticity. Once the materials are verified, they will be approved for acceptance.
3. Recognition. The applicant will provide supporting materials based on the "Special Conditions for the Evaluation of Senior Titles in the Healthcare Systems in the Boao Lecheng International Medical Tourism Pilot Zone of Hainan Free Trade Port." The relevant departments of the Lecheng Pilot Zone Administration will organize expert groups to carry out the recognition work, which may include material review and oral defense. After the recognition process, the expert groups will issue the recognition opinion.
4. Certification. Upon successful recognition, the applicant will be awarded a certificated senior professional title in the health system, which indicates that the holder possesses corresponding professional and technical qualifications and capabilities. This certificate can be useful for the employment, assessment, and promotion of professional and technical personnel.
Article 3: Eligibility
1. Applicants must comply with the Constitution, laws, and relevant medical and health laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China.
2. Applicants must possess good professional ethics and dedication, maintain a proper attitude towards learning, have good physical health, and demonstrate the ability to adhere to regular work and contribute to the construction of the Hainan Free Trade Port.
3. Individuals who have worked in the Lecheng Pilot Zone for at least one year and hold qualification certificates for overseas medical personnel are eligible to apply. Overseas physicians may also apply after obtaining medical skills recognition in the Hainan Free Trade Port.
4. Individuals are not eligible to apply if they were involved in the following situations during overseas practice:
(1) Being responsible for medical accidents within the last three years.
(2) Being responsible for medical errors within the last year.
(3) Being assessed as unqualified within the last five years.
(4) Engaging in plagiarism, theft of others' research papers or scientific achievements, forgery of qualifications, records, certificates or non-original medical records, or other fraudulent behaviors, which will result in the cancellation of their qualification for application in the current year and the following three years. The individuals involved will also be subject to public criticism, and relevant personnel will be held accountable.
5. Eligible individuals with qualifications recognized by the Hainan Provincial Health Commission for overseas practice can directly apply for the recognition of senior professional titles in the healthcare system in the Lecheng Pilot Zone.
Article 4: Recognition Criteria
The recognition criteria shall be based on the relevant standards in the "Special Conditions for the Evaluation of Senior Titles in the Healthcare System of the Hainan Free Trade Port Boao Lecheng International Medical Tourism Pilot Zone." The recognition process will follow specific criteria applicable to medical (pharmaceutical, nursing, technical) practitioners.